Guidance and Counselling
The Guidance and Counseling Center of Angeles University Foundation aims to assist students with a variety of personal, educational and career concerns. Its purpose is to promote self-awareness and self-expression in students. Counselors work closely with students individually and in groups to help them identify their strengths, reach their greatest potential and eventually emerge as mature and responsible individuals ready to meet the challenges and make important decisions.
Guidance and Counseling Center is located at A-Building, 3 rd Floor, Room A-303
Office Hours: Mondays-Friday, 8:00 am - 7:00 pm, Saturdays- 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The mission of Angeles University Foundation is the harmonious development of man for services to God and Humanity. In keeping with this mission, the Guidance and Counseling Center of the university aims at the optimum development of the human person so that he may live with dignity and integrity.
The Guidance Center believes that its duty is to help the student become a knowing, loving, and responsible person, live a well balanced-life satisfying to himself and to society. Its specific duties to ward the students:
- in his pursuit of learning
- in the discovery and direction of his God-given potentialities and
in making wise choices and adjustments
- To help the student identify his potentials, abilities, interests and provide opportunities for his development and effective utilization.
- To help the student understand himself better - his interests, abilities, needs, and problems so that he may be able to make wise choices and adjustments.
- To help the student develop wholesome attitudes and sound moral and spiritual values.
- To help the student develop his ability to solve problems and to communicate and relate himself to others effectively.
- To help the student develop effective learning skills in his progress from one level to another and hi s preparation for a life career.
- To establish linkages with other units of the University and with agencies in the community:
- or support and carrying out the objectives of the program
- to be able to provide and make available the guidance services to students/pupils in the community
To conduct studies that will assist the deans, teachers and guidance staff understand students better by utilizing test/research data.
AREAS OF DEVELOPMENT
This area seeks to equip students with skills, habits, and attitudes essential to academic success.
The Personal/ Social Development area is designed to help students establish a positive and realistic self-concept and develop an awareness of their feelings and that of others such that they will become capable of forming satisfying
This area hopes to assist students in making wise career decisions and in carrying out plans that may contribute to career success. It focuses on helping students identify career paths in line with their abilities.
This involves the collection, maintenance and analysis of student information essential in identifying and providing the necessary assistance such as counseling, close monitoring, or follow-up through a variety of testing and non-testing activities.
- Testing of:
- Mental Ability
- Interest & Aptitude
- Study Habits & Attitude
- b. Non-Testing:
- Student Personal Record
- Individual Interview
- Case Conferences
- Home Visitations
To provide students with relevant information that would cater to their personal, interpersonal, academic, and career needs.
- Homeroom Guidance
- Psychological Test Interpretation
- Career Guidance
- Career Forums/Convocations
- Group Sessions
Seeks to help students learn how to solve their problems. It is designed to address students' immediate concerns through responsive interventions.
- Individual Counseling
- Group Counseling
- Career Counseling
- Family Counseling
A continuous monitoring program designed to evaluate the effectiveness of the intervention procedures in relation to student progress & adjustments.
Research and Evaluation
To conduct studies and evaluation programs that may serve as guideposts in educational planning and improvement of guidance services.